If there can be something that characterizes the windows operating system is that it enables users to create different user accounts in it, something really useful for when you have to share your PC with friends or family.
However, with the passage of time it is feasible that you have to clear windows password, this can be due to different reasons. But the truth of all is that this procedure is fortunately very easy to perform.
It is essential that you bear in mind that at the time of clear user password anyone will have access to everything on the computer. Therefore, here we show you how to perform this easy and fast operation.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of clearing the Windows 7 access password?
To be able to count on several user account on the same PC that is used by different people undoubtedly some always offer you benefits, mainly because you can have a increased privacy and security in all your data and personal information. Keep in mind that if you share the computer only with your family, this may not be an obstacle, but if you share it with friends or other people, it may be.
That is why here we tell you the main advantages and disadvantages of erasing your Windows 7 access password:
- By deleting the Windows 7 passkey You should not be remembering or adding this data every time you have to log in to the computer.
- It offers you a quick access To the system.
- By not having an access code, you do not run with it risk of forgetting and lose access to your profile.
- By deleting the password of your Windows user account you will be losing the privacy and security of the same, since anyone who turns on said PC will be able to enter all your data and information that you have stored there.
- You'll have to share your username with anyone who accesses it.
- You will not be able to have custom apps since anyone can delete or use them and Change settings from the same.
Learn step by step all the methods to erase the password of a Windows 7 user easily and quickly
At this time there are different methods to be able to clear the password of a Windows 7 user, which undoubtedly makes it possible for this operation to be much easier to carry out, since each person will have different alternatives to do it.
However, before carrying out this procedure it is essential that you take into account these two aspects:
- A user password Win 7 offers you greater privacy and security in all the information and data that you have stored on your computer, since no person will be able to access it unless they have your access password.
- At the time of delete said password All your information contained therein will remain available to anyone who accesses the equipment since it will remain free access. This can become a risk if you handle important data and different types of people access your computer.
In accordance with this and if for any reason you intend to delete said password, then here we are going to teach you each of the possible ways to do it, to do this, follow each of the methods that we tell you below:
One of the most common and easy ways to clear user password in Win 7 is without programsIn this circumstance you can do it directly from the Windows system. However, if for some reason you forgot your password to enter your user profile, then a solution to be able to enter and carry out this method is by using the security code reminder.
Keep in mind that for this you should have established said reminder at the time of creating the account, since this tool will help you remember the password and thus be able to enter your profile to remove the password completely. For this, you need to enter the wrong password a couple of times and Windows 7 will show you the reminder you set when creating the profile.
There you will be given a hint so that you can correctly guess the security code and thus be able to obtain the login. From this dynamic, if this method has worked for you and you have been able to enter your session, then it will be necessary for you to go to the "Control Panel" and then to "User account" and from there you must choose the option of "Determine a new password" in case you want to change it or "Remove completely" to remove it.
From a program
If you forgot your Windows 7 password you will also have the possibility of recovering it using a program. In this circumstance we are going to introduce you PassFab 4 WinKey, one of the most effective programs that stands out for being extremely easy to use.
In this circumstance, you will only have to follow each of the steps that we are going to indicate below:
- The first thing you should do is download and install this program that will help you clear windows key. Therefore, once downloaded you must execute it, there you must choose the medium in which you intend to burn the boot disk either in a CD / DVD or USB and then click "Next".
- Here you have to wait a few minutes while the software finishes recording. When it ends you must take out CD or USB as you are working.
- Now you must configure the PC to boot from the drive you recorded in the previous step. For this you need to insert the boot disk and then when you start you must press the key "F12" or "ESC" and then select disk or USB and press the key Enter.
- After these, the computer will restart, after it restarts you must choose Windows installation you want to work on and click on the button "Next".
- Finally, you will need to choose the account for which you want to remove the access key and click on "Next" to continue. After a few seconds Windows 7 login password it will be successfully removed. After this and to make sure that the changes are made, click on "Reboot" so that the PC restarts.
Another way to erase this access code is by using Win 7 command line, in this circumstance you need to have a Microsoft operating system installation disc.
With this in mind, then you just have to follow each of the steps that we are going to indicate below:
- The first thing you should do is insert the installation disk of Windows and start the computer from it. There you must choose the language of the installation wizard and then click on the button "Next".
- The next thing will be to choose the option of "Repair the equipment" and then select the Windows installation you want to repair. The most common in these cases is that there is only one, but it is feasible that in some cases there may be several on the same computer. In the window that will appear there you must choose the "Command Prompt".
- Writes C: and press the key "Enter" or the letter of the drive where the Windows installation is located. After this you must execute the following commands one by one, to do this, enter them and press the enter key next.
Cd Windows Cd system32 Ren sethc.exe sethc.xxx Copy cmd.exe sethc.exe Exit
- After having entered them one by one, the following will be to restart the computer and start it this time from the HDD. Now from the login window you must press the shift key five times in a row to launch the CMD.
- There you must enter the command
control userpasswords2and in the window that opens select the user whose password you want to delete. Then click on "Reset password and enter a new password."
- When you have done this you will be able to enter that user account again with the new password that you have established and once there you must delete the key if you intend to do so from the control Panel.
With the command netplwiz
The netplwiz command it has become another very good alternative to be able to regain access to a Windows user account whose password has been escaped. In this circumstance this command is available to Windows XP, Win 78, Win 8 and Win 10. From this dynamic the netplwiz command which is regularly hosted in C: WindowsSystem32 it will give you the opportunity to configure your OS for it.
«UPDATED ✅ Do you intend to delete your user's password in Windows 7? ⭐ ENTER HERE ⭐ and Learn Everything FROM SCRATCH! ⭐ »
To be able to do this, you need to execute one of these two commands from "Start"> "Run" or by pressing the shortcut "Win + R". Keep in mind that to be able to execute this you need to have the administrator credentials so that the tool can be run on the system. In the next window you will see the possible users that you can choose for the login without username and password.
In this circumstance it is necessary to disable checkbox which indicates that "Users must enter their name and password to use the equipment", This option by default is available, so you must choose the user you want to use.
After having disabled this option, you will need to click on the button "To accept" and then the system will ask you for the user's password and save it. With this configuration the windows system will not ask again the username or password on system boots unless the option is re-enabled.
From another user
It is very feasible that you do not have a password recovery disk, so clearly you will need another option to be able to recover your profile from win 7 user if you don't remember your password. In this circumstance you can use another user account with administrator permissions to remove the password from your account that you forgot.
For this, you need to log in to Windows with an administrator user and then follow each of these steps:
- In this circumstance you must enter the administrator user account and from there enter "Control Panel" and then "User account", once there you must choose the item of "Safety" and within this section "User account" and then "Manage another account."
- Then a new window will appear with the other profiles created on that PC, in this circumstance you must choose the profile for which you want to change the password and then click on the option "Remove password" this option usually appears on the left side of your screen.
- Now you must confirm the removal of the password, to do this click again on "Remove password".
After having completed all these steps, the next thing to do is to log out of Windows and start again with the account you just signed up for remove the access code. Once in there you can determine a new password or basically leave it like that with free access.
This method can be used if at the time of creating the user account you generated a password reset disk of Windows, so that way you will be able to use it to remove the password from your profile or change it for a new one If you want it. It is important to note that it is a fairly easy process to carry out.
In this circumstance you must enter the wrong access code several times until Windows shows you an option to "Restore password" and then it will give you the option to use the wizard to be able to reset the password, here you just have to follow each of the instructions that they show you on the screen.
At a specific time you will be asked to insert CD / DVD or USB stick where did you generate the disk of restore password and the computer will restart automatically. Once the system starts again, you must follow the instructions that appear on the screen to be able to remove the security code and when the procedure is finished you must restart the PC to restart boot windows with total normality. In this circumstance you can delete the password or change it for a new one.
With hirens boot
If you have tried all the previous methods and none of them had any success or they are not entirely convincing, then you can use hirens boot.
For this, you just have to follow each of the steps that we are going to indicate below:
- The first thing you should do is configure BIOSIn other words, start the computer so you can login from USB.
- The next thing will be to connect the USB that contains the hirens boot.
- Now you must start the system in Mini Windows XP mode.
- Once this is done, you will need to go to the HBCD Menu icon and then access "Programs" and then select "Password / Keys" and there you should go to "Windows login". Finally, you will need to run the application NTPWEdit (ResetUser XP / Vista / 7 password).
- Then you must run the application NTPWEdit 0.3
- Here you must click on the button (RE) open.
- Now from the box "User List" You will have to choose the user whose access code you want to change.
- When you have already chosen the correct profile, then you must click on "Change password".
- Next, you must add the new password for that profile, once established, basically you must click on the button "OKAY".
- To make sure that all the changes are applied correctly you need to click on "Save Changes”.
- In summary, this operation must restart the computer and remove the USB and log in to Windows 7, there you must choose the user and write the new password that you have placed. Therefore you will be able to enter there and from the control panel you can delete the access code if you want.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, at the same time I am sure it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉