If you do not know how to connect a hardware on your PC with W10 Avoid worrying! Because in this post we will show you the step by step you must do to connect any type of peripheral without problems.
For this you need to continue reading to know what are all the types of ports available on a PC and what hardware can be installed In each one.
Once you have this information We will show you the step by step you should do and how you can solve the error when you install new hardware and Windows does not recognize the device. Check out!
What are all the types of ports available on a PC and what hardware can be installed on each one?
First of all, it is essential to establish what is a hardware and what is a port of a PC. A device is made up of a program and physical items, the program is called software (or soft part) and the physical items are called hardware. Within this last group are the peripheral components, these can be the keyboard, the mouse, the monitor and the printer, among others.
Now let's see what a port on a PC is. It is a terminal or connector that is used to plug in peripherals and serve to send and receive information among these types of hardware. exist different ports that you can find on a PC.
- USB, in which a flash memory or pendrive is connected as an example. Among this type of port there are different versions that are characterized by the data transmission speed that each one has and by their size.
- HDMI, This port is used to transfer high definition video and audio. A clear example of this is the opportunity to connect a television to the PC. A little older, but that can still be found today are the VGA and DVI ports for connecting monitors. While for analog audio the RCA ports are used.
- It is also feasible to find to transfer videos and connect cameras, the ports Firewire and SP-DFI.
- Ethernet, also called the RJ 45 port, it is the connector that is used to introduce the Internet cable so that the PC accesses the web through a LAN connection.
- SATA, This port is used to connect external hard drives to the PC. You can find in some devices old IDE or ATA ports, which were replaced by the one mentioned.
- MIDI, used for plugging in musical instruments and editing, by means of special programs, music and sound. It is also used for the connection of video game joysticks.
- Power port, This connector is perhaps the most important, since it ensures that the device receives electrical current to the source so that the PC is turned on.
Learn step by step how to connect any hardware to your Windows 10 PC so that it works well
So that a working hardware requires an installation program. Some components come with a CD-DVD disc with the driver, but this has been neglected a bit and installation software is currently on the Internet or is it detected by your own PC Windows 10.
The steps you will have to perform will depend on the type of device you want to add, even when in reality this does not differ much from each other. For this reason, we will show you below how you should do to install a printer, which is one of the most complicated hardware to operate correctly.
The tutorial that you will have to follow is the next one:
- The first thing you should do is connect printer to your PC.
- Next, you must go to the bottom left of your screen and click on the icon Start Windows.
- You will see in the left sector a symbol of a gear, which represents the menu of Setting. What you should do now is press on it to open other options.
- Choose the tool Devices.
- Then you must choose Printers and scanners.
- Once you have completed these steps, you must click on Add a printer or scanner.
- Wait a few minutes for the operating system to find the nearby printers. When you read the name of the brand and the model of your printer you must select it and then click on Add device.
- What remains to be done is follow the intuitive steps indicated by the installation wizard.
«UPDATED ✅ Do you intend to learn how to install a new device on your Windows 10 PC? ⭐ ENTER HERE ⭐ and Find out how to do it FROM SCRATCH! »
In case you have a driver disc for your printer you must insert it in the DVD reader tray and wait a few seconds until you see a window on your screen that will indicate the steps to follow. In general, depending on the model and brand of your printer, you just have to click on the button Next to configure the hardware.
If the window does not appear automatically, you must open the Windows File Explorer. You will be able to do this by typing the name of the tool in the search bar located in the lower section of the screen. Then, you must go to the drive representing the CD-DVD tray and click on it. This step will cause the disk to be read to begin working on the installation. If for some reason this does not happen, it is possible that you have damaged the disc or the DVD player.
Windows does not recognize the device How can I resolve this error when installing new hardware?
If for any reason the operating system does not recognize the device when you are installing the new hardware, you must follow this procedure to resolve the error:
- You must first make sure that the problem is not the operating system but a connection failed. For this reason, you will have to unplug and try to restart the printer (continuing with the previous example of the installation of a printer or scanner).
- If this does not work you should check the connection of the cables, both electrical and those that connect the printer with the PC.
- In case the error continues you must uninstall and reinstall the hardware.
It may happen that the problem is in the lack of driver update. For this you must go to the official website of the manufacturer of your printer (or the hardware you want to install) and download the updated installation program.
In general, to perform this task you must click on the button or on the Drivers tab. Once you have downloaded the installation software, you will have to try again if the operating system finds the printer. If you continue with the same error you must use the tool Windows 10 call Problem solver.
To carry out this task you must follow this procedure:
- Go to the section Notifications located at the bottom right of your screen.
- You will find an icon that reports the detection of a hardware problem, so you will have to click on it to open the aforementioned function.
- Once you open this tool you will have to wait a few seconds until the OS finds the error.
- If this doesn't solve anything you must of uninstall and install the hardware again.
You must bear in mind that to carry out this task you must have administrator permission.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, at the same time I am sure it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉