Know how to disable visual enhancements in Windows 7 to make the most of the computer performance It is a good idea when you have little RAM available on your PC. For this reason, it is convenient that you know how many resources these effects consume.
The answers to this topic you will be able to find in the following paragraphs of the article. But this is not all, you will also read the step by step that you must do to configure the visual enhancements of W7 according to your needs.
By last, We will give you some tips to make your Windows 7 computer go faster and get better performance. Do not miss anything.
How many resources do the visual enhancements of the Windows 7 operating system consume?
Many users need to know how many resources are consumed by the visual enhancements of the Windows 7 operating system. For this reason, To answer this question, the first thing you should know are the minimum requirements required by W7 for its proper functioning. This OS requires a 1 or 2 GHz processor and either x86 or x64 for the 32-bit and 64-bit architectures, respectively.
You will also need a RAM memory between 1 to 2 GB, also depending on the bit structure that the computer has. In this way, to know the consumption of the visual effects, it is calculated that they, according to the configuration made by the user, they can consume between 15 and 25% of the resources mentioned in the previous paragraph. However, this can vary significantly if several programs are running at the same time and require these visual styles.
Learn step by step how to configure Windows 7 visual enhancements according to your needs
We will explain below how you should configure visual enhancements in Windows 7 so that they adapt to the performance needs of your PC.
Let us begin:
For a better appearance
The effect Aero is a visual style that supplants the version Windows 7 Basic. For this reason, you will be able to get animations in the task bar, have a smooth scrolling of list boxes and show shadows under windows and pointer, among other things.
For Activate this style will be necessary that you go to an empty space on the desk and do right click in the same.
Next, you will have to follow these steps:
- Once a pop-up menu has been opened, you must choose the option Personalize.
- Then choose the tool Appearance and customization.
- Tap on Personalization.
- Select, in the box Change visual effects and the sounds of the equipment, the option Windows 7 Aero.
Thus you will have all the visual benefits and offers this theme of Microsoft.
For better performance
In case you want to have some visual effects and not all those included in Aero, you can select the option Windows 7 Basic. Therefore you will be able to find a balance point between the performance and the esthetic from the computer, so if you need to deactivate all the effects to achieve maximum performance, you only have to uncheck the boxes offered by the theme of Windows mentioned. We will explain below how you can improve the visual effects taking into account performance and aesthetics.
The steps you will have to do are:
- Tap on Start, write quickly cpl and press Enter. This will make you see the name of the tool on which you must click.
- A window will open in which you must select the tab Advanced Options.
- Next, you will have to look for the section Performance and click on the button Setting.
- Once you have accessed the new window called Performance options, you must go to the tool Visual effects.
In case you want to achieve the maximum performance you will have to deactivate all options leave the boxes checked Use visual styles in windows and buttons and Smooth edges for screen fonts.
On the other hand, if you want to customize more options and find a lower performance, but a better visual experience, you must select some of the following options:
- Animations in the task bar and in the Start menu.
- Animate the windows by minimizing and maximizing.
- Animate controls and items within the windows.
- Dim items after clicking.
- Dim or slide the tooltip in the preview.
- Dim or slide menus in view.
- Scroll the frames combined when opened.
- Smooth scrolling from the list boxes.
- Show content from the window while crawling.
- Show the rectangle translucent selection box.
- Show shadow under the mouse pointer.
- Show shadows under the windows.
- Use shadows on labels of icons on the Desktop.
Tips to make your Windows 7 computer run faster and perform better
«UPDATED ✅ Want to get the most out of Windows 7 by configuring visual OS enhancements? ⭐ ENTER HERE ⭐ and Learn Everything FROM SCRATCH! »
So that your PC with operating system Windows 7 go faster and get better performance, you will need to pay attention to the following tips that we offer you.
Close the programs you don't use
A common mistake users make is not closing applications they are not using nor will they do it during their study or work day. These programs consume the Internet, since they run in the background, but if they don't (because they don't need a web connection) they require a space in RAM and make the processor work meaninglessly.
All this affects the performance of the W7 PC, so it is convenient to close the applications with which you are not working to free up space in the memory and make the processor find information faster.
Turn off virtual memory
The virtual memory is a tool offered by Windows 7 to improve the user experience. It is a file that is located in the root of the operating system in which information is stored when RAM is full.
Although it is an element that helps to improve the stability of the equipment, it does not always have a positive effect because every time virtual memory is activated the task execution procedure is performed. For this reason, the performance of the PC is affected. To disable virtual memory you must have access to the Start button Windows and type the name of the function. Next, an application will appear in which you must press and select the configuration that will help you improve performance.
Delete junk files
Temporary files are created automatically To improve the user experience, this is done both in the operating system and the applications you have installed. Its purpose is to find information to satisfy the operator's need, but once the temporary files are no longer used do not disappear and take place on the disk. Therefore, to improve the performance of the computer, it is necessary that delete junk files.
For this you must go to the Windows 7 Start button and then continue with these steps:
- Seeks the option Programs and click on it.
- Head to the tool Accessories.
- Choose the option System tools.
- Click in Disk Cleanup.
- Choose unit C: and click on the button To accept.
- Active the box Temporary Internet files and click on To accept.
Clear cookies and empty your browser's cache
Cookies are small programs used to save information in the browser of some web pages. Therefore you will not need to complete your data or reload your tastes each time you enter the website. These files take up space on disk and also decrease Windows 7 performance.
To delete them you must do the following:
- Open the browser trusted and the one you always use, as an example, Chrome.
- Go to the top right and click on the Option menu, which is represented by 3 vertical points.
- Select More tools.
- Choose the time interval you want to remove. It is recommended that you choose the option Since ever.
- Active the boxes Cookies and other site data and Cached files and images.
- Click in To accept.
Uninstall programs you don't use
You must not forget that less space occupied on the hard disk will improve the performance of your Windows 7 computer. In this way, it is convenient that you delete all the programs that you do not use and that, for some reason you have downloaded it on your PC, you no longer need it because you will no longer perform the task for which you downloaded it.
You will be able to do this with the following guide:
- Press in Start and then find the tool Control Panel.
- Sign in to option Programs.
- Click in Uninstall a program.
- Choose the application you want to remove and click on it.
- Following, Choose Uninstall.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, at the same time it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉