When you need to connect new hardware to use it on your PC with Windows 7, it will be convenient that you read this post so that you do not make mistakes.
This is because We will show you in the next few paragraphs what are all the Windows 7 input ports and what devices can be used on them. This will help you to identify the connectors and to know how to install any element.
Finally, we will show you the step by step that you must perform to connect new hardware. But this is not all, you will also be able to read the answer when the W7 does not recognize a new device.
What are all the Windows 7 input ports and what devices can be used on them?
The ports of entry They are connectors that are generally located on the back of your PC. The task that they fulfill is to incorporate information to the motherboard through cables that are connected to the hardware or peripherals, which work through a program or driver hosted in the operating system. Not only exist ports of entry but in addition to exit, whose mission is similar to that of the former, but they differ by delivering the data to the operator from the motherboard.
Next, we will explain all the input ports that you can find on your Windows 7 PC:
It is an input and output connector that is characterized for sending data through 8 cables which transmit the information at the same time, therefore it is feasible to form a byte. It is also designated as LPT1, since it is used to connect the printer using the Line Printer Terminal format.
Also called serial port, but unlike the previous model in which 25 pins can be found, in this connector the number of pins is 9. It is used in devices that need to send the information serially. As an example, a mouse.
It is one of the most used today, since it can transmit data to 12 and up to 480 Mb / s. The great ease of connecting peripherals makes it possible not only to transmit data, but also to distribute electrical energy. Thanks to USB you can connect a mouse, a printer and even a Box TV.
Through this input port transmits audio and video in high quality and in an encrypted way. It is the replacement of the Euro connector and the RCA, so you can connect a TV and a sound center, among others. Its name is the acronym for High Definition Multimedia Interface.
Although these connectors were not on the market for long, it is feasible that on your Windows 7 PC you will find this port to connect the keyboard. Its name comes from the company that created it Deutsches Institut für Normung. You can also find MiniDIN, known as PS / 2, which are used for IBM monitors and mice.
Better known as Ethernet port, he is in charge of connect the PC to the router using twisted pair cables. Therefore, it is feasible to enter the Internet and the router's configuration panel.
«UPDATED ✅ Want to connect new hardware in Windows 7 to upgrade your PC? ⭐ ENTER HERE ⭐ and Learn Everything FROM SCRATCH! »
You will need this port when you have to connect to the CPU with a power supply. It has 3 holes to carry the appropriate voltage, one for the live line, the other for the negative and the remaining one for grounding.
As the name implies these ports are used to connect cables who work with him Audio. In this way, you will be able to install the microphone in this connector.
Learn step by step how to connect new hardware to your Windows 7 PC without errors
Next, you will find the step by step that you will have to do to connect new hardware to your PC without making mistakes:
Connect at your port
To connect any hardware to your PC you must be calm because you will not make anything break and you will not make a mistake in the port in which the cable has to go. This is because each connector only fits into the correct port, so you will have to test (gently and without applying force or pressure) if the port shape and size with the cable tab of your hardware.
A tip that you have to keep in mind-usually this happens in USB ports- is that if you see similarity in size and shape between the port and the connector and you can't plug it in, try to rotate it 180 ° and try again. This is because the connector pins are located on a specific side of the format.
As we told you before, the driver is a specific program for each hardware or peripheral you install and that is used for the operating system to detect and I can do it function. For this reason, every time you connect a peripheral you must install its driver for it to work.
We will explain below the procedure you must follow to correctly install any type of driver:
- Connect the device to your PC.
- Wait some minutes until Windows 7 recognizes the new hardware. You will notice this action because a poster will appear informing you that the operating system found a new item. It will ask if you need to install the driver manually or by inserting a CD-DVD disc. So you must click on the first option.
- Following, the OS will tell you if you need to run the driver installation automatically, Through internet, or do it in manual mode. If you choose the first option, you must continue the steps of the wizard.
- On the other hand, if you choose that you intend to install the driver manually File Explorer will open so you can choose where you saved the driver. For this situation it is convenient that you download an updated driver, so it is recommended that you go to the website of the hardware manufacturer and download the driver for free.
In case the hardware comes with the installation CD-DVD, what you should do is connect all the cables and then insert the disk into the reader. This will make it open the wizard automatically and continue the steps that the program will indicate. You should not worry because in these processes the steps are intuitive and easy to understand.
Windows 7 does not recognize the new device How to solve this and other hardware related errors?
If for some reason Windows 7 does not recognize a new device, you must follow this step by step to resolve the error:
- Head to the menu of Start Windows.
- Click at Control Panel.
- Following, click on the option Hardware and sound.
- In the new window you must select the tool Device administrator. In this graphical interface you will find the name of your Windows 7 PC and all the adapters and drivers you have for your hardware.
- To detect which driver is generating an error, you just have to look at the end of the name of each controller. If you see a warning sign icon, it means that the incompatibility is generated by means of that element.
- Right click on the driver with the warning symbol.
- Choose the option Update driver.
- Windows will ask you if you need to update it by way of automatic or Handbook. For the second option you must have the disk or a PC file.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, at the same time I am sure it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉