Users consume videos on a daily basis through their mobile phones, making this format one of their favorites to entertain, learn and even learn to do something.
With this in mind, it would be a mistake not to include video in your marketing strategy. In fact, when I start to set up the content marketing strategy for one of my clients, the first thing I do is create a content plan to organize ideas and assess effective formats.
And one of the content formats that works very well for the interaction it generates is video marketing. In addition, in an inbound marketing strategy it is key to consider it.
Of course, think that depending on the phase in which users are, it will make more sense to create a post, send an email or make a video so that users continue to advance through the conversion funnel.
I will talk about this and other questions in this post. Will you accompany me to the end?
Video Marketing: Definition
Video marketing is a content marketing strategy where audiovisual material is used to promote a brand, a product or a service, through different channels.
In addition to this commercial purpose, video marketing has gradually evolved, focusing more on the user and not so much on the brand or company.
Its objectives include generating emotions in the user, creating engagement through storytelling or transmitting a memorable message in line with the values of the brand.
➽ Guerrilla video marketing
After looking at this definition of video marketing, I want to dwell on the concept of guerrilla video marketing.
Guerrilla marketing is known as a technique that impacts to the point of not looking like advertising.
It uses many unconventional resources that require of a lot of creativity and ingenuity. And it is not characterized by using an aggressive message like the one we are used to seeing on television, but stands out for its different actions that surprise the user.
Without a doubt, if you integrate a video marketing strategy into guerrilla marketing, you will be able to engage and attract a greater number of users.
➽ Micro video marketing
Micro video marketing is a format widely used by companies today. Specifically, these are short videos that seek to retain the user's attention for a few seconds to carry out a specific action.
These are executed in a loop, that is, they are reproduced without pausing. Therefore, you have to take care that the last image and the first combine well.
There are different types of micro videos that are used in marketing, but these are the most used:
- Real videos of using a product.
- Animated videos.
How to do guerilla video marketing
In order to run a guerrilla video marketing campaign that retains and seduces your users, there are a number of questions to consider.
➽ Video in content marketing or blog
Keep in mind that one of the channels to spread your videos is the blog or a website. Although putting a video on your home is not the same as including it in an entry on your blog; the objective varies.
Note: If you are looking for a video to add to the home page of your page, it will be a more corporate video, where in a few seconds you can show users who you are, what you do and what your value proposition is. In addition, this will help the SEO of your site, by retaining the user for longer on your site.
These are other types of videos that are used on a web page:
- Demonstration videos (use of a product).
- Testimonials (real opinion of a client about a product or service).
On the other hand, blog video marketing has another purpose, more focused on generating engagement and creating value for the user, with complementary content to the text.
From my experience, the most popular blog marketing videos are:
- Tutorial videos on how a tool works.
- Explanatory videos, with slides and diagrams to explain complex topics.
➽ Video inbound marketing tips
When including videos in your inbound marketing strategy, keep the following in mind:
- Set your goals before making a video (traffic, sales, branding ...).
- Study your buyer persona before launching your video marketing campaign.
- Choose the type of video by objectives (for example testimonials to give confidence).
- Select the ideal tool to make creative and animated videos.
- Include the emotional component with techniques such as storytelling.
- Spread your videos wherever you have a presence (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn ...).
- Use humor, originality and positive emotions to connect and differentiate yourself.
- Include CTAs to guide the user to perform the action you want.
- Optimize your videos by placing keywords in URLs, headlines and meta tags.
Video Marketing Tools[Use a clear message to your target audience, through a hooky and interactive story, through animated videos. There are a lot of programs to make animated videos, but I recommend that before investing in any, you first try the free version.
These are my three favorite video marketing tools with which I create my own professional montages:
- Doodly: Low-cost animated video maker with interactive whiteboard, voice-over recording, hand-drawn objects, and music options.
- Wave.video: I use this to create videos for Facebook or Instagram. You can add animations, music, video clips, transitions, etc.
- Vyond: The feature I like the most about this video tool is that it allows you to add audio to animated characters.
Do you feel more eager to launch a video marketing campaign now? More and more companies use animated and interactive videos on Instagram, YouTube or Facebook in their inbound marketing strategy.
As you can see, they do not need to invest a large budget, there are many affordable online video marketing tools at your disposal that are intuitive. You just need a little creativity, ingenuity and strategy to spread your videos through the right channels.