In this digital world, the smartphone has become part of our lives. We can't hope to run our lives without him. And in case you are addicted to your cell phone, it is almost impossible to live without it. However, the batteries in these phones don't last forever, as you obviously know. That can be a huge hurdle sometimes, if not all the time. I am here today to help you with it. In this post, I will share with you the 7 best battery saver apps for Android with rankings. They will also know every little detail about them. So, without giving up any more time, let's move on. Keep reading.
Do battery saver apps really work?
To finish, yes, the battery saver apps work, and they help extend the battery life of the 10% to the 20%. Most battery saver apps shut down the background procedure and help regulate which apps can run in the background. These apps also turn off Bluetooth, lower the brightness, and make other adjustments that help extend battery life, at least marginally.
7 Best Battery Saving Apps for Android
Below are the 7 best battery saver apps for Android. Keep reading to know more.
#1 Battery Doctor
Rating 4.5 (8,088,735) | Installs: 100,000,000+
The first battery saver app that I am going to talk about in this post is the Battery Doctor. Developed by Cheetah Mobile, this is one of those apps that is rich in features. The app is offered free of charge by the developers. Some of the most useful features of this app are different profiles including power saving, power saving, and battery monitoring. The app allows you to establish and program these profiles on your own.
With the help of this application, you can check the battery level status of your phone with ease. At the same time, you can also track the specific applications as well as the functions that are draining the battery of your mobile device. Not only that, you can customize quite a few battery-draining settings like Wi-Fi, brightness, mobile device data, Bluetooth, GPS, and many more.
The app comes in multiple languages, more than 28 languages to be precise. At the same time, you can take full advantage of battery power with a single touch.
- Ability to make the most of battery life based on your application type
- Customize specific settings
- Simple and easy-to-use user interface (UI)
- Supports more than 28 languages
- The app is quite heavy, fundamentally when compared to other applications.
- The app becomes slow as long as animations are running
- You are going to need a lot of system permissions
Download Battery Doctor
#2 GSam Battery Monitor
Rating 4.5 (68,262) | Installs: 1,000,000+
The next battery saver app you can consider is the GSam battery saver. However, the app is not going to do anything to save your phone's battery life on its own. Instead, what it will do is provide you with specific details about battery usage. At the same time, it will also help you identify the particular applications that drain your battery life the most. With this newly found information, you will be able to easily take preventive measures and increase the battery life of your cell phone.
Some of the useful data it shows are waking time, waking locks, CPU and sensor data, and many more. Not only that, but you can also view usage statistics, past usage, search time estimate for current battery status, and time intervals.
The app doesn't work as well on the latest versions of Android. However, to make up for it, it comes with a root companion that you can use to get more information.
- Data to show which apps drain your cell phone battery the most
- It gives you access to a lot of information, helping you make an informed choice
- Graphs to help visualize battery usage
- It basically monitors the applications and has no control over them at all
- The user interface (UI) is complicated and takes some getting used to
- Optimized mode is not enabled in the free version
Download the GSam Battery Monitor
Rating 4.4 (300,115) | Installs: 10,000,000+
The next battery saver app that I am going to talk about is Greenify. The app is offered totally free by its developers. What it does is put all the apps that drain your cell phone battery into hibernation. This, in turn, does not allow them to access any bandwidth or resources. Not only that, they can't even run background processes. However, the genius of this application is that after they have hibernated, they can still use them.
Therefore, it is your choice when you want to use all the applications and when you want to put them to sleep. The most important ones like email, messenger and alarm clock, any other application that gives you essential information can keep you running as usual.
- It doesn't need a lot of the phone's resources i.e CPU / RAM
- You can modify the setting according to each different application
- You don't need to give any personal information at all
- Compatible with Android and iOS operating systems
- Sometimes it's hard to figure out which apps need hibernation the most
- Managing the app is a bit difficult and takes time and effort
- In the free version, the app is not compatible with system applications
#4 Avast Battery Saver
Rating 4.6 (776,214) | Installs: 10,000,000+
The Avast Battery Saver is a great application to manage energy consumption, as well as to remove unnecessary tasks. The app is rich in features, which add to its benefits. The two most useful features of the app are the "task killer" and the five energy consumption profiles. The five profiles that you can configure are: home, work, night, smart and emergency mode. In addition, functions such as the app viewer and notifications are available within the profile.
The app comes with a single master switch. With the help of this switch, you can turn the battery saver app on or off with the touch of a finger. An integrated smart technology analyzes how much of your battery life is left and communicates more or less the same, making sure it is important that you know what actions to take.
- Optimize your phone according to the need of the time and according to your backup battery
- The user interface (UI) is as simple as it is easy to use. Even a beginner without technical knowledge can get hold of it in minutes
- You can configure profiles by optimizing the battery as well as based on battery life, location, and time.
- There is an application consumption tool that detects the applications that consume the most battery and deactivates them permanently
- Not all features are available in the free version
- The free version is also about ads
- You will need many system permissions to use the app
Download Avast Battery Saver
Rating 4.3 (4,817) | Installs: 100,000+
In case you're looking for a root-only battery saver app, Servicely is just what you need. The app stops all services that continue to run in the background, thus prolonging battery power. At the same time, you can also prevent malicious apps from damaging your phone. And not only that, the app also prevents them from synchronizing each time. This feature is primarily useful in case you want to have a particular app on your phone, but don't want it to sync. The app is also compatible with wakelock detector applications. You can customize the app extensively and there are many functions to make it work well. However, you may experience a delay in notifications. The app comes in both a free and paid version.
- Stops background services running, prolonging battery power
- Stop malicious apps from damaging your phone
- It also doesn't let these apps sync
- Highly customizable with tons of features
- Notification delay experiences
Download the service
Rating 4.6 (149,937) | Installs: 5,000,000+
Another battery saver app that you should consider is AccuBattery. It comes in both a free version and a paid version. In the free version, you will have functions such as monitoring the health of your phone's battery. At the same time, the app also increases battery life, thanks to functions such as the charge alarm and battery drain. You can check the battery capacity of your cell phone in real time with the help of the Accu-check battery tool. The function allows you to view both the charging time and the remaining usage time.
When you get to the PRO version, you will be able to get rid of the ads that are generally annoying in the free version. Not only that, but you will also have access to detailed information in real time about the battery and the use of the CPU. Other than that, you will also tend to try a lot of new themes.
The app also has a function that tells you the optimal battery charge level, which is 80 percent according to the app. At this point, you can unplug the phone from the charging port or wall socket.
- Monitors as well as prolongs battery life
- Detailed information about battery and CPU usage
- Accu-check battery tool checks battery capacity in real time
- Tells you the optimal battery charge level
- The free version comes with ads
- The user interface is quite complicated and can be difficult to tackle at first
#7 Battery Saver 2019
Rating 4.2 (9,755) | Installs: 500,000+
Last but not least, turn your attention to Battery Saver 2019. The app uses various system settings and functions to save battery life. At the same time, it also works to extend battery life. On the main screen, you'll find options such as the power saving mode switch, battery status, battery-related statistics, runtimes, and switches for various settings.
At the same time, the app also comes with a sleep mode and a custom mode. These modes allow you to disable the radios of the devices. At the same time, you can also configure the settings of your own energy use profiles.
Another useful feature is that you can program the energy saving modes at different times of the day or night, including waking up, sleeping, working and many other important moments according to your choice.
- Allows you to easily control the apps that drain your battery
- Monitors and disables devices that consume battery power
- Different power saving modes for different needs
- Free with a simple and easy-to-use user interface (UI)
- Full page ads are quite irritating
- Animation delays
Download Battery Saver 2019
Other battery saving methods:
- Uninstall the apps you don't use
- Lower the screen brightness
- Use WiFi instead of cellular data
- Turn off Bluetooth and GPS when not in use
- Turn off vibration or haptic feedback
- Don't use live wallpapers
- Do not play
- Use battery saver modes
This is all the information you want to know about the 7 best battery saver apps for Android along with their ranking. I really hope the post has provided you with tons of value. Now that you are equipped with the necessary knowledge, put it to the best possible use. Save your Android cell phone battery and keep using it for more hours.