The Joy of Use describes the positive experience that a user has when using a website. In this way, joy of use helps create and maintain a good customer experience.
Joy of use aspects
The joy of use is a continuation of usability, and it describes the positive experience of a user due to an emotional design and the achievement of its objectives. The significant items are aesthetics and emotions, and Visual features play a vital role. However, the joy of use is not just about creating "beauty"; it is more important that the availability of the functions runs smoothly and that the user has a sense of success. A positive joy of use leads the user to feel encouraged to continue using the web portal and to experience more feelings of success.
Joy of use implementation
To be able to put Joy of Use into practice requires, on the one hand, a excellent knowledge of information technology, for example, to be able to create overlays without Flash. On the other hand, a good understanding of psychology, marketing and design is required to create the ideal interplay between design, functionality and ease of use. The joy of use is born when the design is capable of promoting the user and of create and satisfy your wishes.
Need for joy of use
The joy of use is fundamentally important for companies that have several competitors with more or less the same products. If the products are similar in their characteristics, there is not much that the customer can differentiate between them. A particular image, a unique style, or fun features can influence the user as effectively as a functional and attractive design or goal-oriented marketing.
The joy of use is also crucial considering that the use of computers and the Internet is no longer necessary. Now, the new technology items that people use daily for their benefit, even for private use, are more important. The reasons for using the Internet have changed and, therefore, In addition, the requirement of users with respect to the functionality and design of the websites has done so.
Joy of use application measures
The way the joy of use can be implemented particularly depends on the product and the design. Some examples of important measures are:
- Pictures and items are basically not displayed, but rather mixed.
- When loading a website, the content is dynamically adapted to the user's needs and is frequently loaded later. In this way, the speed of the page can be improved.
- Smart filter alternatives make filtering without time lag feasible, since the filter reacts as soon as the box is checked.
- Fundamentally large images of a product in high-quality graphics provide an in-depth view of product details.
- On the category page of an online store, small thumbnails of the product are displayed. When the user moves over the product with the mouse, they turn around so that, for example, a garment can be seen in front and behind.
- If the user adds a product to the shopping cart, a small symbol flies in the direction of the shopping cart - therefore, the user is clear that the procedure has worked.
- Product configurations allow you to select individual components or features of a product. Here, the web designer will ensure that the layout is as simple as possible so that the various options can be clearly illustrated.