TYPO3 is an open source CMS based on the PHP programming language. Since 2012, the software is officially known as TYPO3 CMS. Other products are also available today under the TYPO3 brand. Based on the versatile possibilities with numerous extensions, TYPO3 is usually used to create websites and is an option to Joomla, WordPress, or Drupal.
The term TYPO3 was the result of a typographical error that caused the inventor to exterminate much of his programming work. Later, the third version of his show ended up being successful enough to be distributed around the world.TYPO3 It is derived from the acronym for typographical errors, typographical error and from the third version.
The following are some of the many benefits that TYPO3 CMS offers to users:
- More than 5,000 enhancements, most of them free, can be used to boost the functionality of websites created with TYPO3.
- The CMS is multilingual.
- CMS maintenance is easy to learn.
- Since TYPO3 is often used to create websites (approximately half a million websites are created using TYPO3), there is extensive experience in programming TYPO3 pages.
- With the use of TYPO3, the server configuration is not elaborate.
- Easy programming thanks to the installation of the web server and edition through the browser.
- Easy maintenance and content creation.
- Feasible quick change of layout by changing templates.
Anyone who can create a web portal using TYPO3 should simply focus on three areas: TypoScript page setup, content maintenance and onboarding, and web design.
TYPO3 is divided like an ordinary CMS, with front-end for displaying in the browser and back-end for data maintenance.
Importance for SEO
Due to the versatile possibilities it offers, TYPO 3 CMS is a very popular software, not only among web designers and programmers but also with SEOs. One of the main reasons is that the numerous plugins make it easy to optimize Alt tags for images and metadata. Another reason is that the streamlined structure of the source code removes any obstacles for the Google bot and other crawlers. Through modulation via PHP, web content and other features can be easily integrated into a TYPO3 installation.
At the same time, the CMS offers a very good overview of all media, such as images and videos on a web portal, as these are systematically structured on the back-end. Similarly, TYPO3 has an automatic sitemap creation feature. SEOs also appreciate the fact that TYPO3 pages load comparatively faster due to the built-in caching system.
Another advantage of CMS for SEO is that it makes the creation of multilingual websites much easier.