By definition, a keyword, (keyword in English), is an informational word used in an information retrieval system to indicate the content of a document with the expectation of a matching search result.
Searching for keywords for individual web projects is greatly facilitated by helpful tools. At the same time, keyword tools help a lot in content optimization. Many of these tools are free.
- Keyword planner: This free tool from Google was created so that advertisers could set the right keywords for their ads. But, with a few tricks, it can be used beautifully as a keyword tool for content creation and keyword targeting of websites.
- Google SuggestNot exactly a tool, but rather a search function in the Google search engine. If you need to identify queries closely related to a phrase, basically just enter the main keyword in the search bar and you will immediately receive the applicable associated conditions. The evaluation of this characteristic uses the tool Übersuggest.
- Google Trends: You can set trends for search term popularity with this keyword feature and review historical search data.
- Soovle: This tool uses various popular search engines like Google, Amazon, YouTube or Yahoo. If a user enters a keyword in the search bar, they will immediately get complementary proposals from all search engines at the same time, equivalent to the suggested search.
- MetaGer web association: The keyword tool for the metasearch engine, MetaGer, provides associations to search terms. This can be very useful for creating text or content optimization.
Importance in optimizing a page
From a technical search engine optimization (SEO) point of view, a keyword is an important element of a web page. The relevance of a document is determined by a search engine using a keyword analyzer and checking if that page matches a search query. At the same time, keyword proximity is a deciding factor.
It is beneficial to accommodate search phrases in the title tag, meta description, heading tag, and context to determine a keyword focus. If not, the search engine may not consider the web page relevant for a specific keyword search, thus placing it lower in the ranking or not listing it at all in the SERP. . At this time, keywords are not case-sensitive, since Google interprets all searches based on lowercase. In the future, despite everything, Google could introduce a case-sensitive search and the case-sensitivity of keywords would be important.
The too usual use of relevant keywords on a page (keyword stuffing) can even result in an exclusion from the search engine index. A drop in ranking or ranking is also not ruled out.
Sensible use of important keywords within a page is recommended. Ideally, an HTML document should be targeted around a single keyword. Through a good keyword analysis for your own industry or business sector, you can inform yourself in advance about the relevant keywords for your web portal.
Importance in off-page optimization
Both internal and external links are highly dependent on the context in which and to which the text hyperlinks of the links are linked. Thus, the relevant keywords must be present in both cases, so that the linked site can be associated with a concept.
However, caution is advised. Since the Panda update, Google is taking a closer look at the external anchor text of a page. If the text of a link is used too often, it can lead to penalties for the page (or for an entire domain). If a keyword is used in the wrong context or classified by Google as irrelevant (wrong keyword), a devaluation may occur. Many variations used in link text can benefit a page's ranking.
Importance for Google AdWords
The business promotion program called Google AdWords places special emphasis on keyword business promotion. In search engine promotion, keyword-based ad campaigns are crucial. Various campaigns and ad groups are created with specific keywords. If one of the keywords is searched, the ad will appear in search results depending on the bid. In the Google AdWords search engine and search engine optimization, it is particularly advisable to place special emphasis on the search volume of a keyword, since it may be able to provide an evaluation of the volume of potential visitors who search for a certain keyword in the Google search engine. Search volume can be set quickly with the keyword tool.
With the introduction of the Google Plus social network, more and more website visitors are browsing the web while logged in with a Google account. For some time now, keywords used by a visitor to access a web portal are no longer included in reports. Google hides personal data and it is no longer available to the general public. If the number of connected visitors continues to grow, it can be difficult for webmasters to get the most out of their websites based on keywords. Currently, the percentage of users who log in when using Google is relatively low, but it is on an upward trend.
The most searched keywords of the year appear in the Google Zeitgeist search engine and a website operator or SEO may be able to spot future trends with it.