There is no doubt that Instagram has become one of the fashionable social networks and a basic and essential communication tool for millions of young people around the world who photograph multiple aspects of everyday life and share it with their friends on Instagram.
But in today's article I will explain how to delete or delete an Instagram account forever, as well as how you can cancel an Instagram account, in case you later want to recover it.
10 reasons why Instagram could delete your account
Now we are going to see some of the reasons why the social network Instagram could delete our account:
- Create an account and be under 14 years old.
- Post content that shows violent, full or partial nudity, discriminatory, illegal, transgressive, distasteful, pornographic, or sexual images
- Usurping the identity of other people.
- Defame, harass, intimidate, abuse, harass, threaten, intimidate or impersonate people or entities, and you must not publish private or confidential information
- Accessing the Instagram API using illegal methods.
- Spam and repeatedly annoy other users.
- Posting private information about other people.
- Not respecting the intellectual property in the content we publish.
- Indiscriminately tagging other users in photos.
- In the event that there is a real risk of physical harm or direct threat to public safety.
Reasons to delete an Instagram account
- Little use. It is one of the most common and perhaps the main reason to delete an Instagram account, since we have the Instagram account if we have used it for months and even years and then we decided that we better close the Instagram account.
- Account change. Another reason is because we have decided to change accounts and then we think it is better to close the old one to dedicate all our time and effort to the new account.
- Privacy issues. We all know that Instagram is a social network that belongs to Facebook and of course, we know that the social giant lives off the transfer of personal data to brands through advertising, something that logically everyone does not like and hence they decide to close your account.
How to permanently delete an Instagram account
I remind you that you can also temporarily deactivate your Instagram account, but if you definitely want to delete it permanently, follow these simple steps.
How to delete an Instagram account:
- Login to the Instagram web application.
- Access the page https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/.
- Select the reason you want to delete your account.
- Will ask you again access password to confirm the deletion of the account.
Remember that when you delete your account you will lose all access data to it, images, likes, comments, contacts, etc. Also, you will not be able to re-create an account with the same username in the future.
You might also be interested in:
The most used hashtags on Instagram + Tools
List of emoticons for Social Networks and Emoji images to copy and paste
20 Best Applications for Instagram [Essential Tools]
Video explained step by step how to delete an account on Instagram
In this very short video of only 2 minutes long I will explain step by step how to deactivate or delete your Instagram account. Follow the instructions in the video and you will see how easy it is.
How to deactivate an Instagram account or temporarily disable it
If you want to deactivate an Instagram account and have it hidden from other users for a certain time, then Instagram allows it.
How to deactivate an Instagram account:
- Login to the Instagram web application.
- Access the website https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/temporary/
- Select the reason why you want to deactivate your account, enter the password and click on the lower blue button “Temporarily Disable Account”.
Remember that when you deactivate an Instagram account you will have it temporarily hidden from other users, but you can reactivate it in the future whenever you want.
You might also be interested
How to upload photos to Instagram from your PC or Mac computer [4 Methods]
How to get followers on Instagram? No TRICKS
How to know who does not follow me on Instagram? 10 Tools
If you decide delete or delete an Instagram account forever, your photos, comments, likes, friendships and all your data will be permanently deleted and you will no longer be able to recover them. In that sense, Instagram warns you, if in the future you want to create another account, you will not be able to use the same username. A security measure so that no one impersonates someone who has deleted an account. It seems logical doesn't it?
Sometimes you wonder if people who are no longer there, whether they are friends or family, should continue to exist their Instagram accounts, perhaps to keep the memory alive or not to forget the faces of those people, but the truth is that this is a decision very personal and respectable, either to eliminate it or to keep it on time.
Finally I leave you the link of help for instagram where you will find an answer to any questions that may arise about this social network, and in addition to rules and regulations of use, you will find recommendations on how you should correctly manage your account on this social network.
Thinking of deleting an Instagram account?
Did you know that your Instagram account can be temporarily deactivated or disabled?
If you liked the post, you can share it with a friend.