How to add video to Power BI dashboard with a practical example? For this Add Video to Power BI Dashboard demo, we are going to embed a YouTube video in the Sixth Dashboard below.
How to add video to the Power BI dashboard
To add a Vimeo or YouTube video to your existing Power BI dashboard, click the Add mosaic button
By clicking on the Add mosaic The button opens the following window. Select the Video in the Media section and click the Next button.
In the Add video to Power BI dashboard tile section, we have
- Show title and subtitle: Check this option to display the video title and subtitle.
- Title: Specify the title of the video
- Subtitle: Provide the subtitle for this video
- Video URL: Provide the URL of the video. Remember, only accept YouTube or Vimeo videos
In this Power BI example, we want to embed or add a YouTube video to the Power BI dashboard. So, we add the iPhone X video. Click the Apply button.
You can now view the video within our Power BI dashboard.
When you click on the marked section, the video appears in the panel and plays in the lower left corner.
Let me edit the Video tile
As you can see in the screenshot below, it has a few more options inside.
- Set custom link: Check this option to provide a custom link to this video.
- External link: If you select this option, you must specify the URL of the video
- Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace: If you select this option, you must select the dashboard or a report from the current workspace.
- Url: Provide the URL of the external video.
If you check this Set custom link, then the YouTube video that we specified in our previous step remains the same. However, it creates a hyperlink that links to another video or another dashboard or report.
Let me add another video as external link
As you can see from the screenshot below, our iPhone X video remained the same. But, if you click… in the upper right corner, it displays the Open Hyperlink option.
Selecting that option opens YouTube with another video.