How to add an image to the Power BI dashboard with a practical example? For this Add Image to Power BI Dashboard demo, we'll be using the sixth dashboard.
How to add an image to the Power BI dashboard
To add an image or logo to the existing Power BI dashboard, click the Add mosaic button
By clicking on the Add mosaic The button opens the following window. Select the image in the Media section and click the Next button.
In the Add Image to Power BI Dashboard tile section, we have
- Show title and subtitle: Check this option to display the title and caption of an image.
- Title: Specify the image title
- Subtitle: Provide caption for this image
- Url: Provide the URL of the image.
In this Power BI example, we want to insert the image of our website's stored procedure. So, let me use the same.
From the screenshot below, you can see the image in our Power BI dashboard
As you can see from the screenshot below, we also added the title and subtitle to this image.
Click the Apply button
Now you can see the image with tile and caption inside our Power BI dashboard.
Let me edit the Image tile
As you can see in the screenshot below, it has a few more options inside.
- Set custom link: Check this option to provide a custom link to this image.
- External link: If you select this option, you must specify the URL of the image
- Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace: If you select this option, you must select the dashboard or a report from the current workspace.
- Url: Provide the URL of the external image.
If you check this Set custom link, then the Image we specified in our previous step remains the same. However, it creates a hyperlink that links to another URL or another dashboard or report.
If you select Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace option, you can use the drop-down list to select the report or dashboard available in this workspace.
For demo purpose Add Image to Power BI Dashboard, we select Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace option and selected the fourth dashboard.
As you can see from the screenshot below, our image remains the same. But, if you click on the image, it takes you to the Fourth Board.
Let me click on it
You can now see the fourth panel.
This time, we select the external link and add our POWER BI link as an external link
As you can see from the screenshot below, there are no changes to our image. But, if you click on the picture, it opens our website.
You can see the website