Microsoft Office Error Code 30088-4: If your attempt to install Microsoft Office fails, an error message generally attempts to clarify the cause. There are several reasons that can cause error code 30088-4. Usually, the error occurs because the system files are corrupted or the previous installation files were not removed properly. Here is the list of troubleshooting steps to fix the error. Follow the steps in this post in exact order to fix error code 30088-4. Verify that the error is corrected after each troubleshooting step. Performing the troubleshooting steps in this post will resolve the error code 30088-4.
Causes of Office Installation Failure Error Code 30088-4
1. Your security software or firewall may be blocking the installation of Office.
2. Proxy settings are available on your computer.
3. an existing version of an Office suite.
4. Incomplete and Partially Failed Repair Installation Modify Office suite removal.
Running Office Fix It Uninstaller
This only applies to Office 2016, Office 2019, and Office 365.
Several affected users reported that the issue was resolved and that they were able to install Office 365 or Office 2013 without encountering error code 30088-4 after running Fix-It Uninstaller (before reinstalling the program).
To fix the error code, make a temporary exception to the firewall or antivirus.
Firewall or antivirus software installed on your computer may sometimes detect the Microsoft Office runtime file as part of system security in the background and remove it automatically. The Office installer is an online installation to provide the latest features and updates with each individual installation.
Antivirus software installed on your computer, such as McAfee, Norton, Bit Defender, AVG, Kaspersky, Panda, Avast, or Webroot, is a high-security firewall that protects against viruses, spyware, Trojans, and malicious components that enter your computer from the Exterior. sources, such as the Internet and external drives, USB and external hard drives. This security protection also monitors and verifies Internet content. And if the security level is set to High or High, it does not allow execution on the Internet for security reasons. In this way, you can also block the online installation of Microsoft Office 365 or Office 2016 or Office 2013.
Performing an SFC scan
Steps to follow to perform SFC scan to fix error code 30088-4:
- First, make sure the date and time on your computer are correct.
- Open the order immediately with Administrative Preferences.
- Type “SFC /SCANNOW” and click Enter.
- Do not close the scan window until the 100% is complete.
- Once the scan is complete, start the install/update to verify that the error code 30088-4 has been fixed.
Delete temporary files
- Go to Chemin C: Windows Temp
- Select all the files and click Delete.
- Enter % temp% in the Start menu search bar,
- delete all files, you can skip files running in the background.