How To Fix FFXIV Launcher Black Screen Problem On Windows 10.
Update Internet Explorer
Open IE browser, open "Tools", go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
- In the "General" tab, delete ALL browser histories.
- Drag the cursor under the "Security" tab to the lowest feasible setting or no higher than "Medium".
- In the Privacy tab, click Advanced and select Accept in First-party and third-party cookies.
- In the "Advanced" tab, make sure that the option "Run or install software even if the signature is invalid" is checked.
- Make sure all SSL and TLS certificates (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are verified. (SSL 3.0 should not be checked)
- Click Apply to store the settings, then click OK to close the Internet Options menu.
- Right-click on the FFXIV start icon and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and change the compatibility mode to Windows 7.
- Click Apply, then click OK to save the changes.
- Restart your computer now. After restarting your computer, right-click the FFXIV start icon again and select "Run as administrator".
To manually reset Internet Explorer settings
- Close all Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button on the Start button and then Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button and then Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab, then click Reset.
- Select the Delete personal settings check box if you want to clear your browser history, search providers, accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate filter data.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
- When Internet Explorer has finished applying the default settings, click Close and then OK.
- Close Internet Explorer.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.
Editing the configuration file
Editing the game config file to activate the opening movie in the game should fix the problem, as advertised by many users. The file is located in the Documents folder and can be edited with Notepad. Follow the instructions below to continue with this method!
- In File Explorer, you basically navigate to the folder location by opening a folder and clicking This Computer or My Computer in the left navigation pane or by looking for this entry in the Start menu.
- Regardless, on this computer or on my computer, double click on your local hard drive and go to Users >> Account Name >> Documents >> My Games >> FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn.
- Windows 10 users can easily navigate to documents using the right navigation menu after opening File Explorer.
- Right click on the file named'FFXIV.cfg 'and choose if you want to open it with Notepad.
- Use Ctrl + F or click Edit in the top menu and select Search from the drop-down menu to open the search box.
- Type CutsceneMovieOpieOpening in the box and change the value next to 0 to 1, use Ctrl + S to store the changes or click File >> Save and exit Notepad.
- Try restarting the game to see if the FFXIV Starter black screen issue persists.