Error 0x80070052 occurs when copying files to removable media; At some point, new files or folders cannot be created or copied to disk. This problem is due to the limitations of the format used by the drive: different formats have a different number of files and folders that can be stored in the root directory of a drive (in other words, the drive itself, without subfolders) , regardless of your size.
To correct the error, put all files in the root directory in subfolders. If you require space to create them, temporarily delete some data. Subsequently, the unit must be normalized again.
The error message looks like this:
"Error 0X80070052: Cannot create directory or file"
Change file permissions
You may not be the owner of the files. Try changing the permissions on these few files.
To set, view, change or delete permissions for files and folders
1. Right-click the file or folder for which you want to determine permissions, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.
2. Click Edit to open the Authorizations for Objects dialog.
3. Do one of the following:
- To determine permissions for a group or user that do not appear in the Group or Username field, click Add. Enter the name of the group or user for which you want to determine permissions and click OK.
- To change or delete permissions for an existing group or user, click the name of the group or user.
Do one of the following:
- To allow or deny authorization, select the Allow or deny check box in the Allow or deny to box.
- To delete the group or user from the Group or user name field, click Delete.
Clean boot Windows
Let's disable all third-party boot items and services during boot. This method will help us determine if this problem is caused by a charger or a service. Follow the steps below:
Click Start, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search field, then click Get Access.
Note: When prompted, click Next in the User Account Control (UAC) window.
Click the Services tab, select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all (if it is not gray).
Click the Startup tab, click Disable all, then click OK.
Then restart the computer. When the System Configuration Utility window appears, select the "Do not display this message or start the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" check box and click OK.
Hope you try this simple solution to error 0x80070052 before formatting your flash drive. It worked for me, it can work for you.