How much to invest in the digital marketing of my company? This is one of the questions that sounds the most in the heads of freelancers and entrepreneurs, especially at the beginning of their entrepreneurial journey.
Here it is vitally important to know what is the best advertising investment in digital marketing so that they can continue to grow. The mistake that many make is investing, following the same steps that others do, without taking into account what their objectives are and many other factors that we will see below.
Therefore, so that you do not fall into the same mistake, in this post you will learn how to invest in marketing and commercial promotion in an intelligent way, as well as we will also give you some tips so that your return on investment is positive.
Invest in marketing and business promotion wisely
Marketing is very broad, which is why making an advertising investment in digital marketing is not an easy task. It will depend on the sector you are in, the specific objectives you want to achieve and, of course, the budget you start with.
Many invest in all channels to gain the more visibility the better, but they are not clear in which areas to invest. And it is that, for example, it is not the same to invest in content marketing than in commercial promotion of social networks.
➽ Investment in digital marketing: Channels
Depending on the needs of each business, there are some areas that may work better than others in your company. Let's see which are the most relevant channels or areas in which you can make an investment in digital marketing:
The first strategy in which you should invest is in the design of your website. Remember that your site is your cover letter and in a few seconds your visitors must connect with your brand. Or, at the very least, they should have a professional and attractive image.
To have an optimized web portal, it must be fast, offer a good user experience, give visitors the information they need through intuitive and simple navigation. At the same time, there must be a strategy that pursues the objective of increasing your business conversions.
After the design, the second thing that you should worry about is that users find you through Google in order to reach your products or services. For this, you must have a professional or SEO agency.
The starting point in this area will be to perform a web positioning audit to review factors such as domain authority, links, organic traffic and keywords.
Another important decision is to select the main keyword for which you want to appear in the first positions of the search engine. Depending on its difficulty, you will have to choose what budget to allocate to a link building strategy. The rest of the keywords that interest you, you will be able to position them with a content strategy on your blog.
- Commercial promotion in the Google Ads search engine and social networks:
Google Ads and Facebook Ads are currently the most used commercial promotion platforms. So which one to select? Facebook Ads or Google Ads? Google Ads is very useful for short-term marketing, while Facebook Ads is ideal for boosting your branding and attracting traffic.
Before investing in anyone, think carefully about what you want to get and how much you want to invest to get results in a short time.
This can become one of your most effective channels if you choose a powerful email marketing software that suits your needs.
Everything will depend on the functionalities that the software offers: the number of shipments that each plan allows, the option of creating automated emails (based on a sales funnel), segmentations, having an intuitive and easy-to-use visual editor, statistics and reports to review the results.
- Social media management:
Selecting the social networks where you want to have a presence with your business is key to focus exclusively on those platforms and work on your visibility there.
It is a job that requires the creation of attractive images that are in line with the brand, the development of copy in networks, interacting with the community and looking for the appropriate hashtags (especially on Instagram).
➽ Advertising investment in digital marketing: Criteria
After seeing which are the main channels in which to invest in digital marketing, it is time to make decisions and select which one or which will be beneficial to you to make your investment profitable.
Keep in mind that depending on the channel you choose, you will have to invest in tools to execute the strategies. At the same time, sometimes you will need qualified personnel to develop specific marketing actions.
These are the criteria that you have to take into account when selecting the best channels and making an advertising investment in smart digital marketing:
- Know your target audience in detail: Know which formats they like, which web pages they visit the most, on which social networks they have more presence and what their tastes are. This will also be essential to segment audiences in the Google Ads search engine, Facebook Ads and in email marketing campaigns.
- Review your competition well: If it goes too far above you, it means that you are doing something wrong. Take advantage of the funnel hacking strategy to spy on your competition and discover what strategies are being effective for them.
- Do an SEO audit: It will serve to detect where the problem is and rebuild a strategy to obtain better results.
- Adjust the cost of advertising investment to your budget: If at the beginning you do not have a lot of budget, you should review which campaign is cheaper. For example, an email marketing strategy is more profitable than investing in social media ads.
- Measure campaign results: Choose a tool with which you can configure the criteria that you are interested in measuring. In email marketing it can be these: the open rate, the number of clicks, the conversion rate, the bounce rate or the number of unsubscribes.
In summary, remember that for your investment in digital marketing to be profitable, the ROI (return on investment) must always be positive.
Tips to make your investment in digital marketing profitable
Usually, it is necessary to carry out different tests until you find the most profitable strategy for you and the one that gives the best conversion results.
Therefore, to finish, we intend to add some tips that can be very useful:
- Create strategies thinking about who your target is.
- Let yourself be helped by marketing professionals for the creation and development of strategies.
- Get fully involved with the marketing team. You know your business better than anyone.
- Don't start the house with the roof; First make sure that your web design is ready and then invest in web positioning strategies, content, and finally, in commercial promotion.
- Measuring your actions is very important to assess whether to continue down that path or not.
We hope that after reading this article, you have an idea about what factors you should take into account before taking the step to make an advertising investment in digital marketing.
Each company has a budget (if you don't know it yet, you must define it) and, depending on this and your objectives, make an advertising investment in digital marketing to make the most of the conversion rates.
Have you ever made an investment that has not been profitable for your business?