Tired of seeing Continue viewing posts on the cover of Netflix? Avoid worrying, this guide will explain how to remove the "Continue watching on Netflix" items.
Netflix: Netflix is an American media service provider founded in 1997. It is an online video streaming service that allows its customers to watch premium TV shows, movies, documentaries, and many more. It has videos related to quite a few genres like romance, comedy, horror, thriller, fiction, etc. You can watch any number of videos without being interrupted by any ads. The only thing that is required to use Netflix is a good internet connection.
There are many good features in Netflix that make it stand out from many other apps. Good things are obviously never free. Therefore, compared to other Netflix-like apps, it is a bit expensive, which makes users think twice before subscribing. But to solve this dilemma of people who take a Netflix subscription, Netflix comes with a new feature that a Netflix account can be run on several devices at the same time, but a number of devices that Netflix can work on are limited or fixed. Because of this, now people buy an account and can run it on various devices, which reduces the monetary pressure of a person who bought that account since multiple people can share that account.
The motive behind Netflix's meteoric rise is the original content produced by them. Not all of us know this, but Netflix has spent more than $ 6 billion producing original content.
Netflix offers one of the best user interfaces in the world for premium quality online streaming sites. On Netflix, everything is pretty intuitive, from the synopsis to the video preview. This makes up for the laziness of the watching experience.
No matter which device you use, Netflix will remember what you last watched, and will show it at the top in the "continue watching" section so you can keep watching.
Now, imagine you're watching a show and you don't want the whole world to know, but if someone logs into your account, they'll still see your "continue watching" section. So what should you do to get rid of this?
Now that you know that removing movies and shows from the "watch list" is an alternative, you should also know that it is a tedious task. At the same time, removing items from the "keep watching" list is not feasible on all platforms; it can't be done on a smart TV, and on some console versions. The best thing would be to use a PC / laptop to do this.
If you are looking for the solution to the previous question, then keep reading this post.
After reading the above Netflix feature, it may occur to you that it is dangerous to use Netflix as it will reveal to others the type of content you watch. But this is not the case. If Netflix has entered this feature, it has come up with its solution as well. Netflix has provided a method by which you can remove the video from the Continue Watching section if you don't want to show that video to anyone else.
Below is the point-by-point procedure to remove an item from the «Continue viewing» section on both phones and notebook PCs.
How do I delete items from Continue Watching on Netflix?
Remove item from continue watching section on Netflix on mobile devices
The Netflix app is compatible with the iOS and Android platforms. Similarly, all mobile platforms support the removal of items from the "Continue Watching" section of Netflix. All platforms, whether iOS or Android or any other platform, follow the same procedure to remove the item from the continue watching section.
To remove items from the Continue Watching section of Netflix on mobile devices, follow these steps:
1. Enter the Netflix account where you want to remove the post.
2. Click the More icon that is enabled in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. At the top of the screen, different accounts will appear.
4. Now, click on the account for which you want to remove the post.
5. The details of the chosen account will open. Click on the Account option.
6. A mobile device browser window will open and you will be redirected to the Netflix mobile device site.
7. Scroll down until you reach the option to view the activity. It will be at the bottom of the page. Click on it.
8. A page will appear containing all movies, shows, etc. what have you seen.
9. Click the Action icon next to the date, which is enabled in front of the item you want to remove.
10. Instead of that item, you will now receive a notification that within 24 hours, that video will no longer be displayed on the Netflix service as a title you have watched and will no longer be used for recommendation purposes.
After completing the steps above, wait 24 hours, and after 24 hours, when you revisit the Continue Viewing Later section, the item you deleted will no longer be available there.
Also read: 9 ways to fix the Netflix app that doesn't work in Windows 10
Remove item from continue watching Netflix section in Desktop Browser
You can run Netflix in your desktop browser for a better experience. The desktop browser also supports removing items from the Netflix "Continue Watching" section.
To remove items from the Netflix "Continue Watching" section in the desktop browser, follow these steps:
1. Enter the Netflix account where you want to remove the post.
2. Select the account for which you want to remove the post.
3. Click on the down arrow, which is enabled next to your profile picture in the upper right corner.
4. Click the Account option in the menu that opens.
5. In the Profile section, click on the View activity option.
6. A page will appear containing all movies, shows, etc. what have you seen.
7. Click the icon that looks like a circle with a line inside it, which is enabled in front of the item you want to remove.
8. Instead of that item, you will now receive a notification that within 24 hours, that video will no longer show on the Netflix service as a title you have watched and will no longer be used for recommendation purposes.
9. If you want to remove an entire series, click on the "Hide series ..." option available right next to the notification that will appear in the previous step.
After completing the above steps, wait 24 hours, and after 24 hours, when you revisit your "Continue viewing" section then the item you have deleted will no longer be available there.
So, by following the step-by-step procedure above, hopefully you will be able to remove items from the Netflix "Continue Watching" section on both mobile devices and desktop browsers.