Fix "No Sound" on YouTube: No introduction needed for YouTube, one of the most popular video streaming websites. Despite everything, sometimes some glitches are experienced while watching your favorite videos. One of the most common problems users experience is "No Sound" while watching your video. Actually, it can irritate you to the extreme, but there is also a solution to this problem.
Every problem comes with solutions, all you need to do is find the best one. When it comes to finding the answer to this problem, we should start by identifying the true cause of the lack of sound on YouTube. There could be various things that interfere with YouTube sound, such as site settings, browser issues, system sound issues, etc. Regardless, if a systematic approach is followed to narrow down the alternatives to find the problem, the true cause of this problem would definitely be found to isolate the problem instantly. Mentioned below are the methods to fix YouTube missing sound problems.
5 ways to fix sound on YouTube
Make sure to create a restore point in case something goes wrong.
Method 1 - Check system sounds
The first thing you have to do is check the sound of the system if it works properly or not. It could be feasible that the main cause of the YouTube no-sound problem is that the system sound is not working. To check the sound settings of the system, you just have to click with the right mouse button on the sound icon in the taskbar and select Sounds and click on the Test button.
If there is no sound, then you should check the system settings.
1. Adjusting the volume - An obstacle could be that the volume is muted. You can check it on your taskbar. Once you click on the sound icon you will see a blue bar, if it is muted there will be an X mark on the speaker. You need to turn it on again.
2. Check and update the sound driver - Most of the time we forget that some drivers want to be updated in time. You need to check the sound driver for this problem. It requires opening the Device Manager where you will find a sound and video settings. If there is a yellow exclamation mark under this setting, you have to right click and update the driver, see the last method to see how to manually update peer-to-peer sound drivers.
3. Enable the sound driver - You may have mistakenly disabled the sound driver. You should check it in Device Manager and sound driver. If it's disabled, basically right-click on the sound driver and select the Enable option.
Method 2 - Browser problem
If you are running your YouTube video in the Chrome browser and there is no sound, you should try opening the same video in a different browser. If the sound works, you can easily understand that the problem was with the browser. Now you must fix the problem with the same browser. Start by "right-clicking" on the speaker icon on the taskbar, open the Volume Mixer, and fix the problem with your chosen browser. In some cases, the speaker may be muted for certain browsers, so it needs to be enabled. If you don't have another browser installed, you need to install one to check this option.
Method 3 - Update Adobe Flash Player
If you open a flash video on a different video streaming web portal and hear the sound, then the problem is in the YouTube settings. Regardless, if there is still a sound obstacle, then the problem is with the adobe flash player. You must make sure that your adobe flash player is the latest recommended version for Windows. If you find that your version is not the latest recommended for Windows, you need to update it or install the latest version of adobe flash player to fix YouTube missing sound issue.
You should also make sure that the Adobe Flash Player is enabled for your browser in Windows 10. So if you don't know how to do it, then you should definitely read this post: Enable Adobe Flash Player in Chrome, Firefox and Edge
Method 4 - YouTube Settings
You have somehow muted YouTube's sound settings. Yes, it happens with some people who sometimes mute YouTube and forget to turn it back on for sound. You should look at the speaker icon in the YouTube video, if you see the X mark on it then it is disabled or muted. When you move your mouse over the icon, you can easily turn it back on and adjust the volume. You must move the slider to the right to increase the volume.
Method 5 - Update the sound card driver
1.Press Windows key + R, then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
2. Expand Sound, Video and Game Drivers and then right click on “Realtek High Definition Audio” and select Update Driver.
3.In the next window, click "Search automatically for updated driver software".
4.In case you already have the updated driver, the message "The best drivers for your device are already installed" will appear.
5.If you do not have the latest drivers, Windows will automatically update the Realtek Audio drivers with the latest available update.
5.Once finished, restart your computer to save the changes.
If you are still facing the Realtek HD Audio drivers problem then you need to manually update the drivers, just follow this guide.
1.Open Device Manager again and then right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio and select Update Driver.
2.This time click on "Browse my PC for driver software".
3. Then select "Let me select from a list of drivers available on my PC".
4.Select the appropriate driver from the list and click Next.
5. Allow the driver installation to complete and then restart your computer.
Hopefully, the steps mentioned above will help you fix the "No sound on YouTube" issue. You need to start with an option to understand if that method works for you or not. One by one you can check all the mentioned methods, and positively, you will have the option to watch your favorite video one more time with Sound as usual.